Unlike many sports, swimming is an activity which can be learnt and enjoyed at almost any age. There are literally no barriers -- not even ill health.
Learning to Swim
Regular swimming on the basis of a little often will do no harm.
Swimming Group Lessons
Individual Swimming Lessons
Swimming lessons should always start with a swim of less than optimum effort, often regarded as a warm-up. The session should conclude with a loosen-down swim roughly equivalent to the length and intensity of the warm-up.
Variety is an important function in every Swimming Lesson. Swimmers should be encourages to use the clock regularly to measure performance. They should also be encourages to take pulse counts over ten or fifteen seconds when interval training rests are longer than this.
Swimming coaches must be dedicated, confident and able to motivate his swimmers. Swimmer goals which the swimmer recognizes are obtainable both in training and each swimmer should be to attain the highest possible standards of which he is capable of.
SwimSafer - A new national water safety program combining the National Survival Swimming Award (NASSA) and the Learn-To-Swim Programme (LTSP) into a progressive six-stage national swimming program has been introduced in Singapore since July 2010. Learn more about the SwimSafer Swimming Programme in Singapore.
A good swimming coach can make a difference between a fun and exciting session as compared to a boring swim training, allowing the swimmer to took forward to the next swimming session. The coach should also keep a log of everything completed as a guide for future references.
Although each swimming session is usually planned out at the start of each month according to the training programme, there should be a degree of flexibility in case the swimmers are tired, in order to get the best out performance.
A list of qualified professional swimming coaches in Singapore, has been grouped accordingly by the Swimming Complex locations that they are coaching at. View the list of Swimming Coach currently available.
- Swimming Complex
- Public Swimming Complex
- Ang Mo Kio Swimming Complex
- Bedok Swimming Complex
- Bishan Swimming Complex
- Bukit Batok Swimming Complex
- Buona Vista Swimming Complex
- Choa Chu Kang Swimming Complex
- Clementi Swimming Complex
- Delta Swimming Complex
- Geylang East Swimming Complex
- Hougang Swimming Complex
- Jalan Besar Swimming Complex
- Jurong East Swimming Complex
- Jurong West Swimming Complex
- Kallang Basin Swimming Complex
- Katong Swimming Complex
- Queenstown Swimming Complex
- School of Physical Education (SPE) Swimming Complex
- Sengkang Swimming Complex
- Serangoon Swimming Complex
- Tampines Swimming Complex
- Toa Payoh Swimming Complex
- Woodlands Swimming Complex
- Yio Chu Kang Swimming Complex
- Yishun Swimming Complex
- SAFRA Swimming Pool
- SAFRA Mount Faber Swimming Pool
- SAFRA Yishun Swimming Pool
- SAFRA Toa Payoh Swimming Pool
- SAFRA Tampines Swimming Pool
- SAFRA Jurong Swimming Pool