Personal Water Survival and Swimming Stroke Improvement Skills
SwimSafer Bronze Entries & Exits
- Enter water using a compact jump
SwimSafer Bronze Sculling & Body Orientation
- Demonstrate a backward and forward somersault in the water.
SwimSafer Bronze Underwater skills
- Search for and recover an object in 1.5 m of water depth.
- Demonstrate a feet-first surface dive.
SwimSafer Bronze Movement / Swimming / Strokes
- Swim 100m Continously
- 25m Front Crawl
- 25m Breaststroke
- 25m Backstroke
- 25m Survival Backstroke or Sidestroke
SwimSafer Bronze Survival & Activity skills
- Dressed in swimwear, shorts and t-shirt demonstrate 3 minutes swimming slowly using any appropriate swim stroke, changing each minute
SwimSafer Bronze Rescue Skills
- Perform a throw rescue using an unweighted rope over a distance of 6m.
- Wade to a person and deliver a flotation aid in deep water.
- Approach in “Ready” position
SwimSafer Bronze Knowledge
- Principles of water craft safety