Why take SwimSafer Bronze?
What swimming skills and knowledge will you acquire in SwimSafer Bronze?
Entries & Exits
- Compact jump
Sculling & Body Orientation
- Forward somersault in the water
- Scull, float or tread for 2 min (incorporated in Survival & Activity Skills)
- In at least 1.4m deep water, perform feet-first surface dive, swim through hoops on pool bottom for 2m
Swimming Movements & Strokes
Swim 100m continuously:
- 25m Front Crawl
- 25m Backstroke
- 25m Breaststroke
- 25m Survival Backstroke
Survival & Activity Skills
- Scull, float or tread water for 2 min
Dressed in swimwear, shorts and t-shirt demonstrate:
- 3 min swimming slowly using survival backstroke, sidestroke and survival breaststroke, changing every 15m
- Wave and call for help
- Retrieve a flotation aid thrown by a ‘rescuer’ (2m away) and kick to the side of the pool and exit.
- Throw a flotation aid to a partner 2m away and instruct the partner to kick to the edge
- Principles of Personal Safety and Survival
- Environmental Awareness
- Health Awareness
- Emergency Situations and Survival Techniques
Where are the SwimSafer Bronze conducted?
North Area Pools
East Area Pools
West Area Pools
Central Area Pools
How often do we conduct SwimSafer?
Who can take up SwimSafer?
From 5 years old +
Who will be conducting the programme?
Swim Safer is conducted by experienced, expertly-trained, and certified swim instructors.
At the end of each stage, student will receive a stage completion e-certificate.