Why take SwimSafer Gold?
What swimming skills and knowledge will you acquire in SwimSafer Gold?
Entries & Exits
- Standing dive
Sculling & Body Orientation
- Scull, float or tread for whilst making a self-made float within 5 min (incorporated in Survival & Activity Skills)
- In at least 1.8m deep water, perform head-first surface dive (tuck or pike) and perform ear equalisation, if necessary and swim through hoops on pool bottom for 5m
Swimming Movements & Strokes
- 100m Front Crawl (within 3:00 min)
- 100m Breaststroke (within 4:00 min)
- 100 m Backstroke (within 3:20 min)
- 50m Survival Backstroke
- 50m Sidestroke
- 15m Butterfly
Survival & Activity Skills
Dressed in swimwear, long pants, t-shirt, perform the following sequence:
- Enter deep water using a compact jump
- Perform a headfirst surface dive to a depth of at least 1.8m (and perform ear equalisation, if
- Swim through hoops on pool bottom for 5m and resurface
- Swim 45m quickly using front crawl
- Then, swim slowly for a further 50m using any preferred survival swim stroke
- Remove pants in deep water and make a float with it while treading water within 5 min
- Demonstrate Heat Escape Lessening Posture (H.E.L.P.) technique with the self-made float for 1 min
- Then swim 25m with the self-made float and climb out of the water
- Using a suitable buoyant aid, tow (noncontact) rescue of a person 10m from safety.
- Principles of Personal Safety and Survival
- Environmental Awareness
- Health Awareness
- Emergency Situations and Survival Techniques
Where are the SwimSafer Gold conducted?
North Area Pools
East Area Pools
West Area Pools
Central Area Pools
How often do we conduct SwimSafer?
Who can take up SwimSafer?
From 5 years old +
Who will be conducting the programme?
Swim Safer is conducted by experienced, expertly-trained, and certified swim instructors.
At the end of each stage, student will receive a stage completion e-certificate.
What's next after completing SwimSafer Gold?
You are now equipped to venture into other aqua activities such as diving, kayaking, and competitive water sports!