Why take SwimSafer Stage 3?
What swimming skills and knowledge will you acquire in SwimSafer 3?
Entries & Exits
- Stride / straddle entry
Sculling & Body Orientation
- Scull headfirst on back, 5m - Scull, float or tread for 50 sec (incorporated in Survival & Activity Skills)
- Swim through hoops on pool bottom for 2m
Swimming Movements & Strokes
Swim 50m continuously:
- 25m front crawl, and 25m backstroke
- Swim 25m Breaststroke and 25m Survival Backstroke (performed in Sequence in 3A)
Survival & Activity Skills
- Scull, float or tread water for 50 sec Dressed in swimwear, shorts and t-shirt demonstrate:
- Swim 25m using survival backstroke or survival breaststroke to a PFD
- Correctly fit a PFD in water, swim 50m with PFD, then climb out of the water
- Throw a flotation aid to a partner at 3m distance and instruct to kick to the edge.
- Perform a reach rescue using a rigid aid and pull a partner to safety
- Principles of Personal Safety and Survival
- Environmental Awareness
- Health Awareness
- Emergency Situations and Survival Techniques
Where are the SwimSafer 3 conducted?
North Area Pools
East Area Pools
West Area Pools
Central Area Pools
How often do we conduct SwimSafer?
Who can take up SwimSafer?
From 5 years old +
Who will be conducting the programme?
Swim Safer is conducted by experienced, expertly-trained, and certified swim instructors.
At the end of each stage, student will receive a stage completion e-certificate.