SwimSafer Stage 3
Personal Water Survival and Swimming Stroke Development Skills
SwimSafer Stage 3 Entries & Exits
- Perform a stride/straddle entry
SwimSafer Stage 3 Sculling & Body Orientation
- Demonstrate sculling in a horizontal position for 10 seconds with arms only.
- Demonstrate the ability to change direction on command.
- Demonstrate reverse action
SwimSafer Stage 3 Underwater skills
- In chest deep water swim through hoops on pool bottom 2 metres apart.
SwimSafer Stage 3 Movement / Swimming / Strokes
- Swim 50m continously
- 25m using either Breaststroke or Front- Crawl
- 25m using either Backstroke or Survival Backstroke
SwimSafer Stage 3 Survival & Activity skills
- Swim wearing clothing for 25m
- Demonstrate ability to correctly fit a PFD in the water.
SwimSafer Stage 3 Rescue Skills
- Throw a flotation aid to a partner at 3m distance and instruct to kick to the edge.
- Perform a reach rescue using a rigid aid and pull a partner to safety
SwimSafer Stage 3 Knowledge
- Principles of personal survival